Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Removal of my Teeth

Friday was such a messed up day. I went in for my surgery at 9:45 and spent the majority of my appointment waiting for the novacaine to kick in. After about 45 minutes of waiting (I knew I should have brought my book back with me) they finally started the procedure, it lasted a whole 5 minutes.
We (Kathy, Corey, and I) and went to Walgreens to pick up my prescription. Thank goodness for my mother-in-law on this day, she was a lifesaver!!! We waited about an hour (supposed to be 20 minutes) for the prescriptions to be filled. I was going to wait until I got home to take the pain meds because I knew they would make me drowsy. So, we headed home and low and behold BOTH roads to get to our road are CLOSED!!!!! Kathy had to pick John, Alex, and Alyssa up from school, so I told her to just go ahead and head into town to get them.
We got to the girls school about an hour early and by this time Corey was TIRED of the carseat. So, we found a parking lot, changed his diaper, fed him, and let him stretch his legs a little bit. While we were waiting in line to pick up the girls I realized that there was not room in the car for John. So, after picking up the Alex and Alyssa, Kathy dropped us off at Jeanie's (her sister's) house while she brought John back to their house. While we are Jeanie's the novacaine started to wear off and I didn't want to take the pain pills because I was trying to help with the kids.
When Kathy got back to the house I immediately took the pills. They kicked in about an hour and a half later!!! So, I spent most of that night in and out of it, not really getting a whole lot of sleep.
Saturday I woke up at 6:30 because Corey was crying and he only wanted ME. The problem was that my body wanted me to be hanging over a toilet bowl getting sick. When I got sick in front of Corey, he freaked out, had a total melt down. So, I left him to Chris and went back to bed, waiting until 12 when I could take the anti-nauseau meds again. I slept off and on the rest of the day.
Today was better, but my mouth was hurting by the end of the day. But, I got to spend the day with my adorable son, what more could I ask for. And, I got this adorable video of him signing "more" while saying "please" so cute...

No comments: