Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break Days 6, 7, and 8

The next three days were pretty uneventful. We spent Thursday lounging around the house and playing outside a bit. We also went all over Corry trying to find some vacuum seal bags so that I could fit all of my clothes (and the clothes that Nikki gave me that Kyle has outgrown) into my luggage. Dawn, Donna and the kids came for a visit that night, but I had absolutely no energy to take pictures.

Friday was spent making sure I had all my stuff and getting it packed up. We headed for the airport and Corey slept most of the way, which was good because I slept with him on the recliner Thursday night because he was coughing so badly. But, that did not give me hope that he would sleep on the plane. Our time in the airport was interesting to say the least. We got there early enough to have dinner in the airport. As I tell the rest of this story keep in mind that this airport has only two gates, it is small. When we tried to check our bags they asked for Corey's birth certificate, which I didn't have because their website didn't say I needed it. I probably should have had it though. So, I told the lady that she can try to take him from me if she wanted but he wouldn't go to anyone else. Then, as we are going through security my bags get flagged because I had Corey's sippy cups in there with milk and water. Also my dad and I just bought a couple bottles of water (which they threw away). Well, because of the liquids they had to search my bag. They do a swipe on all electronics and check them on a machine that tells if they have traces of anything on them. Well, my camera came back saying that it had traces of some sort of explosives on it. Great. All that I could think of was that I was going to loose my camera. I would not have been happy. So, they told my dad to take what was his and proceed. I, on the other hand, had to have my carry on searched and they had to FRISK me. Geesh, that was embarrasing!!! Corey was then great on the flight, fell asleep half way through, refused to take a pacifier and woke up in pain when we were landing. He was super duper happy to see Daddy when we finally got home!!!

No comments: